When comparing the Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 and the 970 EVO, the 970 EVO is a faster and more advanced option, making it a better choice for users seeking top-notch performance.
The Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 and the 970 EVO are both solid-state drives (SSDs) that are designed to improve the performance of your computer.
However, the main difference between the two is their speeds and underlying technology. The 860 EVO M.2 uses SATA-based technology, while the 970 EVO uses NVMe technology, which offers significantly higher speeds.
In summary, the Samsung SSD 970 EVO is the better option for users who require top-tier performance and reliability for tasks such as gaming, video editing or running multiple applications simultaneously.
The Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, on the other hand, is a more budget-friendly choice for users who need a moderate performance boost for everyday computing tasks.
12 Common Feature Comparison of Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 and 970
|Feature||Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2||Samsung SSD 970 EVO|
|Form Factor||M.2 SATA||M.2 NVMe|
|Capacity||250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB||250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB|
|Sequential Read Speed||Up to 550 MB/s||Up to 3,500 MB/s|
|Sequential Write Speed||Up to 520 MB/s||Up to 2,500 MB/s|
|Random Read (4KB, QD32)||Up to 97,000 IOPS||Up to 500,000 IOPS|
|Random Write (4KB, QD32)||Up to 88,000 IOPS||Up to 450,000 IOPS|
|Interface||SATA 6 Gb/s||PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3|
|NAND Type||V-NAND 3-bit MLC (TLC)||V-NAND 3-bit MLC (TLC)|
|Controller||Samsung MJX Controller||Samsung Phoenix Controller|
|Cache Memory||512MB LPDDR4 (250GB, 500GB), 1GB LPDDR4 (1TB, 2TB)||512MB LPDDR4 (250GB), 1GB LPDDR4 (500GB, 1TB), 2GB LPDDR4 (2TB)|
|Endurance (Terabytes Written)||150TBW (250GB), 300TBW (500GB), 600TBW (1TB), 1,200TBW (2TB)||150TBW (250GB), 300TBW (500GB), 600TBW (1TB), 1,200TBW (2TB)|
|Warranty||5-year limited warranty||5-year limited warranty|
Five Facts About Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 and 970
Explanation Of Ssds
Solid-state drives (ssds) are a type of computer storage device that uses non-volatile flash memory to store data. This technology differs from traditional hard disk drives (hdds), which rely on spinning metal platters and moving read/write heads to access and store data.
Therefore, ssds are faster and more reliable than hdds, making them an excellent choice for those who demand better system performance.
Here are the key points that explain ssds in a nutshell:
- Ssds don’t have any moving parts, which results in less wear and tear and ultimately, longer lifespan for the drive.
- Data transfer rates are higher in ssds, which leads to faster boot-up, application launch times, and better overall system performance.
- Ssds use less power than hdds, which helps to decrease heat output and increase laptop battery life.
Benefits Of Using Ssds
There are several benefits to using ssds over traditional hdds.
Here are some of the key advantages of ssds:
- Faster boot-up and load times: As mentioned earlier, ssds can significantly improve system performance and reduce boot-up and load times.
- Increased system responsiveness: Ssds can handle more read/write operations per second, which translates into faster opening and closing of files and applications.
- Lower power consumption: Ssds use less power than hdds, which makes them the perfect choice for laptops as they help to extend battery life.
- Better durability: With no moving parts, ssds are less prone to physical damage than hdds, making them less susceptible to system failures.
- Silent operation: Ssds are completely silent, unlike hdds, which have spinning platters that create noise and vibrations.
Types Of Ssds Available In The Market
There are two main types of ssds:
- Sata ssds: These ssds use the same interface as traditional hdds, which means that they can be easily used as a direct replacement for hdds in most laptops and desktops. The samsung ssd 860 evo m.2 is an example of a popular sata ssd in the market.
- Nvme ssds: Nvme is a newer, more powerful interface that is designed specifically for ssds. Nvme ssds offer faster read and write speeds than sata ssds, making them the ideal choice for high-performance computers. The samsung ssd 970 is one such example of an nvme ssd in the market.
Relation Of Samsung Ssds To The Market
Samsung is one of the leading manufacturers of ssds in the market. They offer a wide range of ssds, including sata and nvme drives, in different form factors such as m. 2, 2. 5 inch and pcie. Samsung ssds are known for their performance, reliability and endurance.
Numerous tests have proven that samsung ssds are one of the best in the industry. The 860 evo m. 2 and the 970 series are among the most popular ssds in the market.
They have significantly improved system performance and load times and allowed users to store more data than ever before.Ssds are the future of computer storage technology, and samsung is leading the way in this field.
Their ssds are known for their performance, durability, and reliability, making them an excellent choice for any system that demands better performance and long-lasting storage.
Samsung Ssd 860 Evo M 2
Overview Of Samsung Ssd 860 Evo M 2
Samsung ssd 860 evo m 2 is a solid-state drive that offers significant improvements in speed, reliability, and performance compared to traditional hard drives.
The m 2 form factor is an ideal upgrade for desktops, laptops, and ultrabooks that support the m 2 interface.
Samsung ssd 860 evo m 2 boasts the following key features:
- Capacities range from 250gb to 2tb.
- Data transfer rates of up to 550mb/s sequential read and 520mb/s sequential write speed.
- V-nand technology that provides greater density and longevity.
- Aes 256-bit hardware encryption to enhance data security.
- Built-in turbowrite technology to accelerate performance.
Samsung ssd 860 evo m 2 provides an outstanding level of performance for a mainstream ssd. It boasts a sequential read speed of up to 550mb/s and sequential write speed of up to 520mb/s.
With these speeds, users will experience an immediate improvement in system responsiveness, application loading times, and file transfers.
Other performance details include:
- Random read/write speeds of up to 97,000/88,000 iops.
- Robust performance for heavy workloads and multitasking.
- Low power consumption for longer battery life in laptops.
Comparison With Other Ssds
When comparing samsung ssd 860 evo m 2 with other ssds, there are some clear advantages that make it stand out.
Here are a few key points:
- Faster sequential read and write speeds when compared to traditional sata ssds.
- Turbowrite technology enhances write performance and prevents speed degradation over long-term use.
- V-nand technology provides greater density and longevity compared to other ssds.
- The aes 256-bit hardware encryption offers enhanced data security, which is not available on many other ssds.
Samsung ssd 860 evo m 2 is a solid option for users seeking high performance, reliability, and data security. With its advanced features, superior speeds, and industry-leading technology, it is a clear choice for those in the market for an ssd upgrade.
Samsung is aggressively expanding its ssd offerings, and the samsung ssd 860 evo m 2 and 970 are some of the most popular models in their lineup. In this blog post, we’ll examine the 970 and see how it compares to other ssds.
Let’s dive right in!
Overview Of Samsung 970
The samsung 970 is a high-end ssd that is blazing fast, thanks to its nvme interface and m. 2 form factor. It comes in a range of sizes, including 250gb, 500gb, 1tb, and 2tb, so users can choose the capacity that best fits their needs.
Some of the key features of the drive include:
- Nvme interface for fast data transfer speeds
- M.2 form factor for space-saving design
- A range of storage capacities to choose from
- High endurance rating of up to 1,200 terabytes written (tbw)
- Advanced thermal management system to prevent overheating
- Built-in aes 256-bit hardware encryption for data security
The samsung 970 is an impressive ssd when it comes to performance. It boasts read and write speeds of up to 3,500 and 2,500 mb per second, respectively, making it one of the fastest ssds on the market.
It also has impressive random read and write speeds of up to 500,000 and 450,000 iops, respectively, which is crucial for tasks that require accessing small files quickly.
Comparison With Other Ssds
When compared to the samsung ssd 860 evo m 2, which is a more budget-friendly ssd, the samsung 970 is significantly faster in terms of read and write speeds, as well as random access. However, it is also much more expensive and may not be suitable for every budget.
Comparing the samsung 970 to other high-end ssds on the market, its performance and key features are competitive, making it a top contender for those looking for a high-performance and reliable ssd.
If you are in the market for a top-performing ssd with impressive features and fast speeds, the samsung 970 is definitely worth considering. It is a highly reliable and durable ssd that is perfect for demanding tasks like gaming, video editing, and more.
Samsung Ssd 860 Evo M 2 Vs. 970
Samsung ssd 860 evo m 2 vs. 970: which one should you choose?
Solid state drives or ssds are becoming increasingly popular in recent times due to their ability to store data faster than traditional hard drives.
When it comes to reliable storage and performance, samsung is a name that comes to mind. We will be comparing the samsung ssd 860 evo m 2 versus the samsung 970 ssds.
Side-By-Side Comparison Of Samsung Ssd 860 Evo M 2 And Samsung 970
Both the samsung ssd 860 evo m 2 and samsung 970 are high-performing ssds that can speed up your device’s performance.
Here are some side-by-side comparisons to help you decide between them:
- The samsung 970 has a higher read speed than the 860 evo m 2, with a maximum read speed of up to 3,500 mb/s compared to the samsung 860 evo m 2’s 3,200 mb/s.
- The 860 evo m 2, on the other hand, has a maximum write speed of 2,400 mb/s, while the samsung 970 has a maximum write speed of up to 2,700 mb/s.
- When it comes to storage capacity options, the 860 evo m 2 is available in 250gb, 500gb, 1tb, and 2tb, but the samsung 970 only has 250gb, 500gb, and 1tb options.
- The samsung 970 is a bit more expensive than the 860 evo m 2, making it a costly option.
Analysis Of Performance
The samsung ssd 970 has better performance in terms of maximum read and write speeds than the samsung 860 evo m 2. However, when it comes to real-world usage, the differences may not be very noticeable.
Both ssds are built with samsung’s v-nand technology and have top-tier controllers. Therefore, they provide excellent reliability and long-term durability.
If you’re looking for a ssd suited for simple use, such as web browsing and word processing, the 860 evo m 2 will suffice.
But, if you need a ssd for cutting-edge gaming and video editing with heavy data transfer requirements, then the samsung 970 is the better choice.
One of the most significant factors that might influence your decision is the price of the ssds.
The samsung 970 costs more than the samsung 860 evo m 2, making the 860 evo m 2 a more budget-friendly option for individuals who want high-quality performance without breaking the bank.
Both the samsung 860 evo m 2 and samsung 970 ssds are excellent choices. You should consider your storage needs and budget before deciding between them.
FAQ On Samsung Ssd 860 Evo M 2 Vs 970
What Is The Difference Between Samsung Ssd 860 Evo M.2 And 970?
The 860 evo m. 2 features sata iii interface while 970 has nvme. 970 is faster with larger capacity.
Which One Is Better, Samsung Ssd 860 Evo M.2 Or 970?
Samsung 970 is faster and has larger capacity than the 860 evo m. 2 making it a better choice.
Is 970 Samsung Ssd Compatible With M.2 Sata Slot?
No, the 970 uses nvme interface and requires an m. 2 nvme slot on compatible motherboards.
What Are The Advantages Of Using Samsung Ssd 860 Evo M.2?
The 860 evo m. 2 is cheaper than the 970 and is compatible with more motherboards as it uses the sata iii interface.
Overall, it is clear that the samsung ssd 860 evo m. 2 and the 970 have their unique features and performance benefits that cater to different user needs. While the 860 evo provides a larger capacity and a lower price tag, the 970 delivers extraordinary speeds and advanced features that enhance user experience.
As a result, before settling for any of the two, users should consider factors such as their specific needs, budget, and compatibility with their devices. However, regardless of which one a user picks, they can expect the high-level performance and reliability that the samsung brand is known for.
Ultimately the samsung ssd 860 evo m. 2 and the 970 remain two of the top ssd options in the market, with vast user bases and an overwhelmingly positive reputation in the tech space.