When comparing the WD Black NVMe SSD to the Samsung 970 Pro, both solid-state drives offer impressive speed and performance, but the Samsung 970 Pro edges out slightly in terms of overall performance, durability, and longevity.
The WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro are both high-quality solid-state drives that are designed to offer quick data access and improve the overall performance of your computer.
However, the Samsung 970 Pro has a few key advantages over the WD Black NVMe SSD.
It offers slightly faster read and write speeds, which can result in quicker data access and shorter boot times.
The Samsung 970 Pro is also built with a more durable and reliable design, which can lead to a longer lifespan for the drive.
When it comes to selecting the right SSD for your needs, it’s important to consider more than just the price.
While the WD Black NVMe SSD is a great option that can offer improved performance, the Samsung 970 Pro offers a few key advantages that can make it the better option for many users.
These include slightly faster read and write speeds, as well as a more durable and reliable design. Although it may be slightly more expensive upfront, the Samsung 970 Pro’s
10 Feature: WD Black NVMe SSD and Samsung 970 Pro
|Feature||WD Black NVMe SSD||Samsung 970 Pro|
|Sequential Read Speed||Up to 3,400 MB/sec||Up to 3,500 MB/sec|
|Sequential Write Speed||Up to 2,900 MB/sec||Up to 2,700 MB/sec|
|Random Read Speed||Up to 515,000 IOPS||Up to 370,000 IOPS|
|Random Write Speed||Up to 560,000 IOPS||Up to 500,000 IOPS|
|NAND Type||3D NAND||MLC V-NAND|
|Interface||PCIe Gen3 8 Gb/s||PCIe Gen3. X4 NVMe 1.3|
|Form Factor||M.2 2280||M.2 (2280)|
|Power Consumption||Up to 8.25 W||Up to 5.7 W|
|Warranty||5 Years||5 Years|
Five Facts About: WD Black NVMe SSD and Samsung 970 Pro
Performance: Which Ssd Delivers Faster Speeds?
Looking to compare the performance of the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro? Find out which SSD delivers faster speeds in this head-to-head comparison.
Sequential Read And Write Speeds
When it comes to the performance of SSDs, one of the key factors to consider is their sequential read and write speeds.
Both the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro deliver impressive speeds, but let’s dive into the details.
WD Black NVMe SSD:
Sequential read speeds:
With its advanced architecture, the WD Black NVMe SSD offers lightning-fast sequential read speeds of up to 3,470 MB/s.
This means you can quickly access and load large files or applications, reducing waiting times.
Sequential write speeds:
The WD Black NVMe SSD doesn’t lag behind in write speeds either. It boasts impressive sequential write speeds of up to 3,000 MB/s, ensuring smooth and efficient data transfers.
Samsung 970 Pro:
- Sequential read speeds: The Samsung 970 Pro is no slouch when it comes to sequential read speeds. It provides remarkable performance with speeds of up to 3,500 MB/s. This allows for rapid access to data and seamless multitasking.
- Sequential write speeds: Similarly, the Samsung 970 Pro excels in sequential write speeds. With its cutting-edge technology, it achieves speeds of up to 2,700 MB/s, ensuring quick and reliable data transfers.
Random Read And Write Speeds
Apart from sequential speeds, random read and write speeds play a crucial role in determining an SSD’s performance.
Let’s take a closer look at how the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro stack up in this regard.
WD Black NVMe SSD:
Random read speeds:
With up to 500,000 IOPS (Input/Output Operations Per Second), the WD Black NVMe SSD delivers lightning-fast random read speeds.
This allows for near-instantaneous access to smaller files and improves overall system responsiveness.
Random write speeds:
The WD Black NVMe SSD also shines in random write speeds. With up to 400,000 IOPS, it ensures speedy and efficient data transfers for small files, enhancing productivity.
Samsung 970 Pro:
- Random read speeds: The Samsung 970 Pro takes random read speeds to new heights. It achieves exceptional performance with up to 500,000 IOPS, enabling smooth multitasking and accelerated file access.
- Random write speeds: When it comes to random write speeds, the Samsung 970 Pro doesn’t disappoint either. It boasts impressive speeds of up to 500,000 IOPS, ensuring fast and reliable performance for intensive workloads.
Comparing Speeds In Real-World Scenarios
While raw speed benchmarks are impressive, it’s important to consider how SSDs perform in real-world scenarios.
Here’s how the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro stand against each other:
Both SSDs offer exceptional multitasking capabilities, allowing you to effortlessly switch between applications and handle resource-intensive tasks without any noticeable slowdowns.
Gamers will appreciate the fast loading times provided by both the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro.
With their rapid read speeds, games can launch quickly, and levels load swiftly, minimizing waiting times and maximizing gaming enjoyment.
Whether you’re handling large video files or working with complex design software, both SSDs excel in delivering high-speed data transfers.
You can expect smooth editing experiences and reduced rendering times, boosting productivity.
Both the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro are top contenders for those seeking faster speeds and exceptional performance.
While the WD Black NVMe SSD shines in sequential speeds, the Samsung 970 Pro offers impressive random speeds.
With their robust performance in real-world scenarios, you can’t go wrong with either SSD choice.
Reliability And Durability: Which Ssd Offers Greater Longevity?
The longevity of the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro SSD is compared in terms of reliability and durability. Users can weigh the pros and cons of each to determine which offers greater long-term performance.
When it comes to choosing an SSD for your storage needs, reliability and durability play a crucial role.
After all, you want a solid-state drive that can withstand the test of time and provide you with long-lasting performance.
We will compare the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro in terms of their reliability and durability, focusing on lifespan, endurance ratings, mean time between failures (MTBF), and terabytes written (TBW) ratings.
Lifespan And Endurance Ratings:
WD Black NVMe SSD:
- Designed to deliver exceptional endurance, the WD Black NVMe SSD offers impressive lifespan and endurance ratings.
- With its cutting-edge technology, the WD Black NVMe SSD can handle intense workloads, making it an ideal choice for professionals and power users.
- Built to withstand heavy usage, it boasts a high endurance level, ensuring long-term reliability and performance.
- The lifespan and endurance ratings of the WD Black NVMe SSD make it a reliable option for those seeking a durable storage solution.
Samsung 970 Pro:
- Recognized for its exceptional reliability, the Samsung 970 Pro stands out with its impressive lifespan and endurance ratings.
- Engineered to endure demanding workloads, this SSD offers superior performance and longevity.
- Designed for professionals and enthusiasts, it boasts an outstanding endurance level, making it suitable for heavy-duty usage.
- The Samsung 970 Pro’s lifespan and endurance ratings make it a reliable choice for those looking for a high-performance and durable SSD.
Mtbf (Mean Time Between Failures):
WD Black NVMe SSD:
- The MTBF of the WD Black NVMe SSD is a testament to its reliability, ensuring minimal instances of failure over extended periods.
- With a high MTBF, it provides users with peace of mind, as it is built to consistently deliver top-notch performance without compromising on durability.
- The WD Black NVMe SSD’s impressive MTBF rating solidifies its reputation as a dependable storage solution.
Samsung 970 Pro:
- The Samsung 970 Pro also boasts an excellent MTBF, reflecting its reliability and long-lasting performance.
- With a high MTBF value, this SSD demonstrates its ability to operate flawlessly for extended periods, offering users a dependable storage solution.
- The Samsung 970 Pro’s exceptional MTBF rating further establishes its reliability and durability.
Tbw (Terabytes Written) Ratings:
WD Black NVMe SSD:
- The WD Black NVMe SSD’s TBW ratings exemplify its endurance, showcasing its ability to handle significant amounts of data written to the drive over its lifespan.
- With generous TBW ratings, users can expect consistent performance even under heavy workloads, ensuring long-term reliability.
- The extensive TBW ratings of the WD Black NVMe SSD make it a reliable choice for those seeking a durable and high-performance SSD.
Samsung 970 Pro:
- The Samsung 970 Pro impresses with its exceptional TBW ratings, indicating its capacity to withstand extensive data writing without compromising on performance.
- With substantial TBW ratings, this SSD offers users confidence in its ability to handle data-intensive tasks, making it an excellent choice for professionals and demanding users.
- The Samsung 970 Pro’s impressive TBW ratings solidify its position as a robust and durable storage solution.
Both the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro exhibit remarkable reliability and durability.
With high-endurance levels, impressive MTBF values, and generous TBW ratings, these SSDs offer longevity and dependability for your storage requirements.
Whether you choose the WD Black NVMe SSD or the Samsung 970 Pro, rest assured that you are investing in a durable and reliable SSD that will serve you well into the future.
Price And Value: Which Ssd Provides The Best Bang For Your Buck?
The battle between the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro boils down to price and value, comparing two high-performing SSDs.
Delve into the details and discover which one gives you the best bang for your buck in terms of speed, durability, and overall performance.
Wd Black Nvme Ssd Vs Samsung 970 Pro:
Are you in the market for a powerful and reliable solid-state drive (SSD) but unsure which one offers the best value for your money?
Look no further as we compare the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro in terms of price and value.
Read on to find out which SSD will give you the best bang for your buck.
Initial Cost Vs. Long-Term Value:
WD Black NVMe SSD:
- At a lower initial cost, the WD Black NVMe SSD provides a budget-friendly option for users who want faster storage without breaking the bank.
- With a competitive price, this SSD offers users a cost-effective solution for their storage needs without sacrificing performance or reliability.
Samsung 970 Pro:
- Although the Samsung 970 Pro comes at a higher initial cost, it offers users exceptional long-term value.
- With superior durability and longevity, this SSD ensures that your investment will last longer, reducing the need for frequent upgrades or replacements in the future.
WD Black NVMe SSD:
- Boasting impressive read and write speeds, the WD Black NVMe SSD provides exceptional performance for its price point.
- Users can enjoy faster boot times, quicker file transfers, and seamless multitasking, all while staying within their budget.
Samsung 970 Pro:
- While the Samsung 970 Pro commands a higher price, its unmatched performance justifies the investment.
- With lightning-fast speeds and outstanding responsiveness, this SSD ensures a smooth and snappy computing experience, especially for demanding tasks such as video editing or gaming.
Comparing Additional Features And Benefits:
WD Black NVMe SSD:
- With its reliable and renowned brand, the WD Black NVMe SSD comes bundled with peace of mind and trust.
- This SSD offers excellent power efficiency, resulting in lower energy consumption and reduced heat generation, which prolongs the lifespan of your system.
Samsung 970 Pro:
- The Samsung 970 Pro comes equipped with advanced features such as enhanced endurance and data protection.
- Its innovative technologies, including Dynamic Thermal Guard and V-NAND technology, ensure optimal performance even under heavy workloads while keeping your data safe and secure.
Both the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro have their own merits when it comes to price and value.
The WD Black NVMe SSD provides a budget-friendly option without compromising performance, while the Samsung 970 Pro offers long-term value and exceptional performance at a higher initial cost.
Ultimately, the choice between the two will depend on your specific requirements and budget.
Software And Firmware: How Do The Ssds Optimize Performance?
Software and firmware play crucial roles in optimizing performance for SSDs like the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro.
These technologies enhance speed, reliability, and overall efficiency, ensuring an exceptional user experience and superior storage capabilities.
Advanced algorithms and intelligent systems work harmoniously with the hardware, propelling these SSDs to deliver outstanding performance levels.
Available Software And Drivers:
Both the WD Black NVMe SSD and Samsung 970 Pro come with dedicated software and drivers to optimize their performance.
Here are some key points to consider:
- WD offers the “WD SSD Dashboard” software, which allows users to monitor the drive’s health and performance metrics, as well as customize settings.
- Samsung provides the “Samsung Magician” software, offering similar functionalities such as drive monitoring, performance optimization, and firmware updates.
- These software applications provide a user-friendly interface, making it easy to access advanced features and manage your SSD.
Firmware Updates And Support:
Firmware updates play a crucial role in optimizing SSD performance and addressing any potential issues.
Here’s what you need to know:
- WD and Samsung regularly release firmware updates to enhance stability, compatibility, and performance of their SSDs.
- Firmware updates can be easily installed through the respective software provided by both manufacturers.
- It’s essential to keep your SSD’s firmware up to date to ensure you have the latest improvements and bug fixes.
- Both WD and Samsung provide reliable customer support channels for any SSD-related inquiries or issues you may encounter.
Both the WD Black NVMe SSD and Samsung 970 Pro offer dedicated software and drivers to optimize your SSD’s performance.
With these tools, you can monitor drive health, customize settings, and install firmware updates effortlessly.
Keeping your SSD’s firmware up to date is vital for maximizing its performance potential.
Should you need assistance, both manufacturers provide reliable customer support. So, you can put your mind at ease knowing that these SSDs are well-supported by software and firmware updates.
Warranty And Customer Support: Which Ssd Ensures Peace Of Mind?
Both the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro provide excellent warranty and customer support, ensuring peace of mind for users. With reliable performance and robust assistance, both options deliver exceptional reliability and satisfaction.
Warranty Coverage And Duration
The warranty coverage and duration offered by the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro SSD are key factors to consider when choosing the right SSD for your needs:
WD Black NVMe SSD:
- Warranty coverage: The WD Black NVMe SSD comes with a warranty that ensures peace of mind. Their warranty coverage provides protection against defects in material and workmanship, giving you confidence in the product.
- Duration: WD offers a warranty period of 5 years for their WD Black NVMe SSD. This extended warranty period reflects the high quality and reliability of the product.
Samsung 970 Pro SSD:
- Warranty coverage: Samsung stands behind the quality of their 970 Pro SSD with a comprehensive warranty. Their warranty coverage ensures that any manufacturing defects or issues will be resolved promptly, giving you a sense of security.
- Duration: The Samsung 970 Pro SSD comes with a 5-year warranty, which demonstrates Samsung’s commitment to delivering a durable and reliable product.
Quality Of Customer Support
In addition to warranty coverage, the quality of customer support provided by the SSD manufacturers plays a crucial role.
Here’s what you can expect from WD and Samsung:
WD Black NVMe SSD:
- Knowledgeable support team: WD is known for its prompt and helpful customer support. Their dedicated team of professionals is available to assist you with any queries or concerns you may have regarding the WD Black NVMe SSD.
- Online resources: WD provides a wealth of online resources, including FAQs, troubleshooting guides, and community forums, making it easy for you to find answers and solutions.
Samsung 970 Pro SSD:
- Responsive customer support: Samsung prides itself on providing excellent customer support. Their support team is readily available to address any issues or questions you may encounter while using the Samsung 970 Pro SSD.
- Comprehensive documentation: Samsung offers a range of comprehensive documentation, such as user manuals and step-by-step guides, to help you make the most of your SSD and troubleshoot any potential problems.
Remember, both WD and Samsung prioritize customer satisfaction, ensuring that your SSD experience is hassle-free and enjoyable.
With their reliable warranty coverage and top-notch customer support, both SSDs offer peace of mind for your storage needs.
User Reviews And Testimonials: What Do Other Users Say?
Discover what other users have to say about the WD Black NVMe SSD and Samsung 970 Pro.
Read user reviews and testimonials to find out which one offers superior performance and reliability for your storage needs. Make an informed decision based on real user experiences.
WD Black NVMe SSD and Samsung 970 Pro are two popular choices when it comes to high-performance solid-state drives.
But what do users think about these products? In this section, we will gather feedback from users and compare their experiences and opinions.
Gathering Feedback From Users
- Users rave about the blazing-fast speeds of the WD Black NVMe SSD, praising its ability to handle heavy workloads and demanding tasks with ease.
- Many users appreciate the exceptional durability and reliability of the Samsung 970 Pro SSD, which ensures their data remains safe and secure.
- Several users commend the efficient heat management of the WD Black NVMe SSD, preventing overheating issues during intense usage.
- Users highlight the easy installation process of both SSDs, making it convenient for even non-technical individuals to upgrade their storage systems.
- Some users commend the exceptional customer support provided by WD and Samsung when they encountered issues or sought assistance.
- Many users are impressed with the overall value for money that both SSDs offer, considering the high performance and reliability they provide.
Comparing User Experiences And Opinions
- Speed: Users generally agree that both the WD Black NVMe SSD and Samsung 970 Pro offer exceptional speed, enabling quick boot times, faster file transfers, and smoother multitasking.
- Reliability: Users report that both SSDs are highly reliable with minimal failure rates, ensuring their data remains protected. However, some users prefer the added durability of the Samsung 970 Pro.
- Heat Management: While both SSDs efficiently manage heat, a few users find the Samsung 970 Pro’s heat dissipation capabilities to be slightly better, especially during prolonged usage.
- Compatibility: Users appreciate that both SSDs are compatible with a wide range of systems, ensuring seamless integration without any compatibility issues.
- Price: The WD Black NVMe SSD tends to be more budget-friendly compared to the Samsung 970 Pro. While both offer excellent value for money, users looking for affordability may lean towards WD’s option.
Based on the reviews and testimonials from users, both the WD Black NVMe SSD and Samsung 970 Pro receive high praise for their exceptional performance, reliability, and value for money.
Ultimately, the choice between the two depends on individual preferences, priorities, and budget constraints.
Compatibility: Which Ssd Works Best With Different Systems?
Choosing between the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro depends on compatibility with different systems.
These solid-state drives offer high performance and reliability, but the best choice varies based on individual system requirements.
When it comes to choosing the right SSD for your system, compatibility is a crucial factor to consider.
The WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro are both high-performance options, but how well do they work with different systems?
Let’s explore their compatibility based on form factors and connectors, operating system compatibility, and compatibility with motherboards and laptops.
Form Factors And Connectors:
- Both the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro follow the M.2 form factor, which is widely used in modern systems.
- The M.2 form factor allows for a compact and space-saving design, making it compatible with a variety of devices, including laptops and desktops.
- These SSDs utilize the NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) protocol, which offers faster data transfer speeds and lower latency compared to traditional SSDs.
- The WD Black NVMe SSD supports the PCIe Gen3 x4 interface, while the Samsung 970 Pro supports the PCIe Gen3 x4 and PCIe Gen3 x2 interfaces.
- Both SSDs use the M.2 connector and can be easily installed on compatible motherboards and laptops.
Operating System Compatibility:
- The WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro are compatible with various operating systems, including Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Whether you’re using your SSD for gaming, content creation, or everyday computing tasks, you can rely on these SSDs to work seamlessly with your preferred operating system.
- With the compatible drivers and firmware updates provided by the manufacturers, you can ensure optimal performance and functionality.
Compatibility With Motherboards And Laptops:
- When it comes to compatibility with motherboards, both the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro support the latest PCIe Gen3 x4 standard.
- It is important to check your motherboard’s specifications to ensure compatibility with these high-performance SSDs.
- Additionally, these SSDs are backward compatible with PCIe Gen2 x4 and PCIe Gen2 x2 slots, expanding the options for older systems.
- For laptops, it is crucial to verify the M.2 slot availability and the supported form factors before choosing the SSD that best suits your device.
- The WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro offer compatibility with a wide range of laptops, making them suitable for upgrading your portable computing experience.
Both the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro excel in terms of compatibility with different systems.
With their M. 2 form factor, support for various connectors, compatibility with multiple operating systems, and compatibility with a range of motherboards and laptops, these SSDs ensure a seamless integration into your system setup.
Whichever option you choose, you can expect top-notch performance and reliability.
FAQ About Wd Black Nvme Ssd Vs Samsung 970 Pro
What is the difference between the WD Black NVMe SSD and the Samsung 970 Pro?
The WD Black NVMe SSD is designed for high-end gaming, virtual reality, and content creation providing faster read and write speeds, more reliable performance, and greater durability compared to the Samsung 970 Pro which is designed for professional customers requiring ultimate performance and endurance.
How much faster is the WD Black NVMe SSD than the Samsung 970 Pro?
The WD Black NVMe SSD offers up to 3400 MB/s sequential read speed and up to 3000 MB/s sequential write speed, which is significantly faster than the Samsung 970 Pro which offers up to 3500 MB/s sequential read speed and up to 2300 MB/s sequential write speed.
Does the WD Black NVMe SSD have better reliability than the Samsung 970 Pro?
The WD Black NVMe SSD has better reliability compared to the Samsung 970 Pro due to its higher endurance ratings and advanced error correction algorithms.
Does the WD Black NVMe SSD have better durability than the Samsung 970 Pro?
Yes, the WD Black NVMe SSD has greater durability compared to the Samsung 970 Pro due to its more robust shock and vibration protection.
Which drive should I choose if I am looking for faster performance and greater reliability?
The WD Black NVMe SSD is the best choice if you are looking for faster performance and greater reliability.
Ultimately, when comparing the Wd Black Nvme Ssd and the Samsung 970 Pro, it is clear that both solid-state drives offer exceptional performance and reliability.
They each have their own strengths and weaknesses, making it important for users to assess their specific needs before making a decision.
For those seeking maximum speed and durability, the Samsung 970 Pro may be the better option.
With its impressive sequential read and write speeds, as well as its long-lasting endurance rating, it is a solid choice for demanding tasks such as video editing or professional gaming.
On the other hand, the Wd Black Nvme Ssd offers a more budget-friendly alternative without compromising on performance.
It delivers fast transfer speeds and excellent overall reliability, making it suitable for everyday use and general gaming purposes.
Ultimately, the choice between these two SSDs will depend on individual requirements and budget considerations.
Regardless of which option users go for, both the Wd Black Nvme Ssd and Samsung 970 Pro are guaranteed to enhance their computer’s speed and performance.
Bonus About The Topic: Wd Black Nvme Ssd Vs Samsung 970 Pro
Is Wd Black Or Samsung Better?
There is no clear-cut answer to this question as it depends on a number of factors. In general, WD Black drives are faster and more reliable than Samsung drives. However, Samsung drives tend to be cheaper and offer more storage capacity.
Ultimately, the best drive for you depends on your specific needs and budget.
Is the Samsung 970 Evo Pro Good?
The 970 EVO Pro is Samsung’s newest and fastest NVMe M.2 SSD. It offers up to 2,200 MB/s sequential read and 1,700 MB/s sequential write speeds, making it one of the fastest drives on the market.
The drive is also very power efficient, with a low idle power consumption of just 2.5 mW.
Is 970 Evo Plus Faster Than 970 Pro?
The 970 EVO Plus is Samsung’s latest high-end M.2 NVMe SSD. It offers a significant performance boost over its predecessor, the 970 EVO, and competes head-to-head with the top performing drives on the market.
The main difference between the two drives is that the Plus model features an updated controller and firmware that enable it to reach higher speeds. So, is the 970 EVO Plus faster than the 970 PRO? The answer is a resounding yes!
The970 EVO Plus is significantly faster than the 970 PRO in both sequential and random read/write speeds.
In terms of sheer speed, it is one of the fastest consumer SSDs on the market today.
If you are looking for a fast and reliable drive for your gaming PC or workstation, then the 970 EVO Plus should be at the top of your list.
Is 980 Pro Faster Than 970 Pro?
There are a few different ways to measure the speed of a solid state drive (SSD), but one of the most common is to look at the read and write speeds.
The Samsung 980 PRO SSD is advertised as having up to 7,000 MB/s read speeds and 5,000 MB/s write speeds, while the 970 PRO is advertised as having up to 3,500 MB/s read speeds and 2,700 MB/s write speeds.
So based on those numbers, it would appear that the 980 PRO is indeed faster than the 970 PRO.
Of course, advertised numbers don’t always tell the whole story. In real-world testing, the difference in speed between these two drives isn’t quite as dramatic.
For example, in a recent review by PCMag, they found that the 980 PRO had an average read speed of 1,771 MB/s and an average write speed of 1,606 MB/s.
Meanwhile, the 970 PRO had an average read speed of 1,527 MB/s and an average write speed of 1 369 MB/s.
So while the 980 PRO speeds are still higher across the board the difference isn’t nearly as stark as what’s listed on paper.
Ultimately which drive is faster comes down to a variety of factors including what you’re using it for and how you’re measuring speed.
If you’re just looking at raw numbers then yes,the 980 PROis technically faster than its predecessor. But in real-world use cases that advantage may not be quite as noticeable.
Wd Black Nvme Vs Samsung 970 Evo
When it comes to choosing an NVMe SSD, there are two clear front-runners: the WD Black and the Samsung 970 EVO.
Both are great drives with their own unique advantages. So, which one is right for you?
Here’s a quick overview of the key differences between the WD Black and the Samsung 970 EVO: Price:
The WD Black is typically more expensive than the Samsung 970 EVO. Capacity: TheSamsung970 EVO is available in larger capacities (up to 2TB), while the WD Black tops out at 1TB.
The WD Black delivers slightly better performance than the Samsung 970 EVO across most measures. However, the Samsung drive has a slight edge when it comes to write speeds.
Samsung 970 Pro Vs Wd Black Sn750
The Samsung 970 Pro is the company’s current top-of-the-line consumer SSD. It’s a PCIe 3.0 x4 drive that uses the M.2 form factor and NVMe interface, and it’s available in capacities of 512GB, 1TB, and 2TB. The drive is built with Samsung’s 64L V-NAND flash memory and a new Phoenix controller.
It has a sequential read speed of up to 3500 MB/s and a sequential write speed of up to 2700 MB/s.
The drive also has an endurance rating of 1200 TBW for the 512GB model, 2400 TBW for the 1TB model, and 4800 TBW for the 2TB model. The WD Black SN750 is WD’s current high-end consumer SSD.
It’s a PCIe 3.0 x4 drive that uses the M.2 form factor and NVMe interface, and it comes in capacities of 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB.
The drive is built with WD’s 64L 3D NAND flash memory and features a Silicon Motion SM2262EN controller.
It has a sequential read speed of up to 3470 MB/s and a sequential write speed of up to 2600 MB/s (for the 1TB model).
The drive also has an endurance rating of 600 TBW for the 250GB model, 1200 TBW for the 500GB model, 2400 TBW for the 1TB model, and 4800 TBW for the 2TB model.
Samsung 970 Evo Plus
The Samsung 970 Evo Plus is a great option for anyone in the market for a new SSD.
It offers fast speeds, good looks, and a variety of capacity options to choose from. The 970 Evo Plus line is also one of the few that offer a 5-year warranty.
Weighing all these factors together, it’s easy to see why the Samsung 970 Evo Plus is one of the best SSDs on the market today.
Western Digital Vs Samsung Ssd M 2
As the market for solid state drives (SSDs) continues to grow, so does the competition between SSD manufacturers.
Two of the most popular brands on the market right now are Western Digital and Samsung.
Both companies offer a variety of SSDs in different form factors, capacities, and price points.
So, which one is the best? To help answer that question, let’s take a closer look at Western Digital and Samsung SSDs to see how they compare. Western Digital SSDs:
Western Digital offers a wide range of SSDs for both consumers and businesses. For consumers, there are WD Blue and WD Black SATA III drives available in 2.5-inch and M.2 form factors.
The WD Blue line is designed for everyday use with read speeds up to 560 MB/s and write speeds up to 530 MB/s.
The WD Black line is designed for power users with read speeds up to 560 MB/s and write speeds up to 535 MB/s.WD also offers an NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 drive under their WD Gold brand.
This drive is designed for enterprise applications with read speeds up to 2500 MB/s and write speeds up to 1600 MB/s .
For businesses, Western Digital offers several different SATA III drives under their WD RE brand .
These drives are available in 2.5-inch , 3 . 5 – inch ,and M . 2 form factors with capacities ranging from 250 GB all the way up to 4 TB .
Read speeds on these drives top out at 560 MB / s while write speeds vary depending on capacity , with lower – capacity drives offering better performance .
In addition , all of these business – class SSD s come with enhanced data security features such as hardware – based encryption support . Samsung SSD s:
like Western Digital , Samsung offers a wide range of SSD s for both consumers and businesses alike .
For consumers , there are three main lines of SATA III SSD s available : 850 EVO , 860 EVO ,and 970 EVO .
The 850 EVO was released back in 2014 and is currently available in 2 . 5 – inch 、 mSATA 、and M.2 form factors with capacities ranging from 120 GB all the way up t o 4TB This drive delivers read speeds u p t o 540MB / sec along 、with writes peeds u p t o 520MB / sec